The Galleries Shop & Café is a community shop –
built, owned and run by the people of Freshford and Limpley Stoke. See a little video about us here.
You will find in our shop:
Affordable basics – local produce – wholefoods – organic foods – fairtrade products – fruit and veg – milk, cream and yoghurt – wine and beer – store-baked bread and croissants – freshly prepared coffee and home-made cakes – lunches – newspapers – local books and gifts.
The Galleries Shop opened its doors in August of 2009, in a brand-new environmentally sound building, on the edge of the Galleries Field, adjacent to Freshford’s Memorial Village Hall.
Come and see for yourself!
You will find in our café:
Fresh, local, seasonal food with a great range of salads, tarts, soups and cakes all made on the premises or in the village. Vegetarian and gluten free options are available. We serve freshly ground coffee and a range of specialist teas. The café is fully licensed with a good range of wines and local beers and ciders.
The atmosphere is friendly, informal and welcoming. The terrace is a great place to sit, soak up the peaceful rural atmosphere and enjoy great views over the fields. It is the perfect meeting place for locals and a great stopping point for walkers and other visitors.
Galleries Shop & Café Values
WE WANT MOST OF ALL TO SERVE THE COMMUNITY:
- Welcoming, helpful shopping environment
- Convivial social meeting place
- Responsive to customers’ needs and requests
- Pleasant working environment for staff and volunteers
- Fair treatment of volunteers and customers
- Open to suggestions from all
- Extra services for those with special requirements
WE ALSO AIM TO RUN AN EFFICIENT BUSINESS:
- Effective stock control
- Good quality / value / service
- Openness / transparency of accounts
- Ensure cost-benefit of spending decisions
AND WE WANT TO BE GREEN:
- Minimise energy use
- Buy as local and direct as possible
- Provide organic alternatives where easily available
- Buy Fair Trade
- Minimise waste
- Reduce / re-use / recycle
- Minimise packaging
- Avoid plastic bags
- Avoid environmentally harmful products
- Encourage walking / cycling / taking the bus rather than driving.