The Galleries Shop & Café is a community shop –
built, owned and run by the people of Freshford and
Limpley Stoke. See a short video about the shop here:
You will find in our shop:
Affordable basics – local produce – wholefoods – organic foods – fairtrade products – fruit and veg – milk, cream and yoghurt – wine and beer – store-baked bread and croissants – freshly prepared coffee and home-made cakes – lunches – newspapers – local books and gifts.
The Galleries Shop opened its doors in August of 2009, in a brand-new environmentally sound building, on the edge of the Galleries Field, adjacent to Freshford’s Memorial Village Hall.
Come and see for yourself!
Galleries Shop Café
The small café with an outside terrace is the perfect meeting place for locals and a great stopping point for walkers and other visitors. We offer sandwiches, panini and home-made soup lunches and/or a daily special – and even a glass of wine if you wish – between 12 and 3 on weekdays, cooked breakfasts on weekend mornings and coffee, tea and cakes whenever we are open.
Galleries Shop & Café Values
WE WANT MOST OF ALL TO SERVE THE COMMUNITY:
- Welcoming, helpful shopping environment
- Convivial social meeting place
- Responsive to customers’ needs and requests
- Pleasant working environment for staff and volunteers
- Fair treatment of volunteers and customers
- Open to suggestions from all
- Extra services for those with special requirements
WE ALSO AIM TO RUN AN EFFICIENT BUSINESS:
- Effective stock control
- Good quality / value / service
- Openness / transparency of accounts
- Ensure cost-benefit of spending decisions
AND WE WANT TO BE GREEN:
- Minimise energy use
- Buy as local and direct as possible
- Provide organic alternatives where easily available
- Buy Fair Trade
- Minimise waste
- Reduce / re-use / recycle
- Minimise packaging
- Avoid plastic bags
- Avoid environmentally harmful products
- Encourage walking / cycling / taking the bus rather than driving.